Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3)Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


"If you keep playing it safe, you’ll never know who you are. I know who you are, and I love who you are. Why don’t you trust me?"

This is a perfect book. Even if it's YA and it has cuteness, there is so much depth and sensibility in this book.

Isla is the shy type of girl whose had a crush on Josh for ages. He's an artist who seems a bit disconnected and whom she is fascinated with. She can tell there is more to him and viceversa.

This book is all about appreciating who you are in the midst of uncertainty. Sometimes others can see you better than you see yourself. This book is all about that. Sometimes we're so stuck on our perceived faults and insecurities that we don't realize others don't see that.

This book is about getting out of that rut and following your passion. May it be a hobby, a craft, a person. You name it.

Perkins' writes magical books. If you haven't read the previous two companion novels in this series, what are you waiting for?

Also, Isla and Josh have so much more passion than other YA characters. It's not lust, it's honest to goodness love and craving and aching for another person. That is also, oh so sweet.

A huge surprise at the end connected all books in this series. It was awesome. You also can't beat the settings of Manhattan, Paris and Barcelona.


View all my reviews

6 comments:

  1. Love this series. I wish it would go on forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Anna and the French Kiss, and liked it, but didn't continue the series. I'm glad that you enjoyed Isla's book. Sounds like the author tied romance and artistic talents into the storyline perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotcha. My favorite definitely will be this one, Isla.

      Thank you :)

      The author did tie art and romance and it was really cool.

      Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely do enjoy Perkins' writing style and I remember really wanting to read this one. About time I pick it up. The book sounds like it is beautifully told and has some very deep characters. Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :)

      This book definitely has been my favorite Perkins' book to read. It was different than the other two and I connected more to the main characters. I hope that if you read it, you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

      Delete

I love comments so feel free to tell me what is on your mind :)

This is an award and tag free blog, though I am always incredibly flattered when someone thinks of me.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day <3